July 12, 2007

The 10 Best Ways to Lose 100 pounds (continued)

4. GET RID OF SABOTEUR'S.


If you are 100 pounds overweight, then everybody will be trying to sabotage your diet. Your spouse, your friends, your kids, your company, your car, and especially your TV. Don’t eat with them. You’ve been eating with your family and friends and colleagues for years, and now look at you. Eat by yourself. Don’t torture yourself by watching others eat what you’d like to eat. Don’t go to restaurants. The portions are much too large. And fast food restaurants are what got you fat in the first place. Don’t go to parties. No one respects your diet. Every appetizer will try to blow up you up.


Don't cook for your family. Everybody nibbles. You can't nibble if you are going to lose 100 pounds. Too many times I finished my wife's dinner or my kids' dinners. I eat my too-large of portions and then another portions. You can't do that if there's no other food there.


5. LIVE WITH HUNGER.


At 7 pm you’re going to be so hungry, that you’d eat the magazine you’re reading. Go to bed. There’s nothing to relieve the hunger pains except sleep. Plus when you wake up, you can eat breakfast. Now this pain -- in the scheme of things -- is not that bad. It's not as bad as living in poverty in Africa, or fighting in Iraq or living with cancer treatment. Suck it up and live with hunger.


Rejoice in it. Every night I have felt hungry, the next morning, I found out I had lost a pound. Every night I remembered that.

6. NO COFFEE, NO COLA, NO CAFFEINE.

Caffeine makes you hungry and destroys your willpower. No body that drinks caffeine can lose 100 pounds. I don’t know why, it may not be scientific, but it’s a fact.

No comments: