May 12, 2007

The 20 Best Weight-Loss Foods

Runner's World -- a magazine I rarely read -- recently listed the The 20 Best Weight-Loss Foods.

Now I'm not a runner by any means. But right off the bat, I thought this is a realistic list.

My top picks were:

For Breakfast: Green egg whites. I try to have this 3 or 4 times a week. It's mushrooms and spinach sauteed, and then stir in 1/2 cup of egg whites. Most times I add a little salsa on the top.

The fruit smoothie is also a great breakfast. Today I had a fresh strawberry, banana, orange juice, wheat germ (with ice) smoothie from the blender. Both my wife and son had a glass as well.

Runner's World suggested Health Valley chili for lunch. I like Cincinnati Chili made with 99% fat free ground turkey. I guarantee you'd think it was prime beef.

For dinner they suggest complex carbs, but I prefer grilled chicken salad with calorie-free Caeser dressing.

Try these suggestions just for a couple of weeks, instead of eating fast foods. Skip the enormous bagels in the morning. Forget the sandwich for lunch. And definitely avoid the red meat and fried foods for dinner. No ice cream for dessert, either.

In just a few weeks, you'll be feeling and looking better.

No comments: